Panama August 2008


Advertisement
Published: August 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A bit of catch up to do on activities since the 12th.
On Wednesday August 13th, we meet Jackeline and traveled to a warehouse for the appliance line called Linea Blanco. There we say various options and the Frigidaire appliances. After looking at various options for a "set-in" cook top (Estufo) we decided against this. But we did decide on a dishwasher and selected the Microwave Oven that includes a ducted vent and light for above the stove cook top. Here we met with Danitza who informed us that we would need a quotation from Lisbeth. Sol sent me her email. We also want the side-by-side freezer and refrigerator.

The taxi then took us to La Garantia to look at the closet style. Here we also saw some options for a pantry which we can add later. We met with Alyna Teveira. aalmanza@lagarantia.com Jackeline's taxi driver then took us back to the Marriott Hotel where we stopped and had lunch at Cafe Azul.

We walked across the street to the Edificio Vallarino to meet with Emilio on the 4th floor at Consorcio General's offices.
We had a very detailed discussion of what we say and what we would like to verify as well as what changes we would like to make to the kitchen layout.

This resulted in our setting a meeting for Thursday morning to go back up to the apartment and see the details.

After this we came back to the Hotel then walked over to Machu Picchu for dinner.

Now for Thursday the 14th.

After breakfast we started to get a taxi in front of the Hotel when Emilio drove by, stopped and asked us if we wanted a ride. Very surprised at our good fortune we rode with him to the building site. We met Sol there and walked to the top. The dehumidifier drains were in place as were all the speaker outlets. The only thing we could not find was the vent duct for the stove/microwave exhaust which may be behind the tile. We took video and pictures as well as measurements. The view will be good but some of the Btesh Virsi building block the view of the canal entrance across the Almador. But the city and mountain view is very nice.

We also walked up to the 32 and 33 floor apartments which are each two stories. Then up to the top floor social area with panoramic views.

After this meeting we took a taxi into Casco Viejo to see the old historic area. Walked the Paseo Huertas and stopped at some craft shops. The area around the palace was closed as a demonstration of workers was expected and many of the streets were blocked off. We would have loved to stay for the Concert but were concerned about getting back home if the demonstration lasted late into the evening. So we walked up Centro avenue to get a taxi then came back to the Hotel. Had dinner at Van Gogh. Live Jazz was outside and nice.

We completed details for the kitchen layout and our meeting on Friday with Helen at Home Center.

Now for Friday the 15th.

We slept late as our meeting with Helen was at 10 AM. Usual breakfast at Hotel Milan then off to Home Center. With our sketch we were able to discuss the many options and agree on what we would like to see for our layout and quotation on the changes. We made copies and then walked to Consorcio General offices to leave a set with Emilio and Sol. It was raining so we had to wait to get there.

Then we took a taxi to the Miraflores locks and visitors center. Here we had a brief tour of the museum then went to buffet lunch at Esclusiva Panama, the restaurant at the locks and watched several large ships come through. The museum closed at 5 PM so we caught a cab back to the Hotel.

16 August 2008
Now that I have discovered how to edit saved entries we can try to put this all into one journal.
We slept late on the 16th and after breakfast Sara worked on floor plans for the apartment. Harlan was able to get another rental car from Dollar for the weekend.

We drove to MultiPlaza and looked at shops. Sara bought a new watch for Harlan so now we all know what time it is. Karen got a pair of cords. When we left we drove around THE VIEW area then found where Ten Bistro was at Hotel DeVille. We decided to go back to the Hotel as they did not open until 7 PM.

As we were all very hungry and it was around 6 PM we went to ISTMO brew for a

Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb