Panama August 2008


Advertisement
Published: August 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Trying to learn how to use this. Seems one must save and not publish to get back to a specific title and add more days. We shall see. {later edit - listing the entries then clicking on the text allows one to edit what has been saved or published.}

About 9:45 PM on Thursday, 7 August Lauren Thomas picked us up at home and took us to the airport. Checked our bags and waited for our plane which left at 12:50 AM for Atlanta. Just before boarding we enjoyed a TCBY frozen dish. We arrived at Atlanta early but were in same terminal as our departing flight to Panama City, Panama. We found a bench seat with no arms so Karen could stretch out.

After a breakfast sandwich we boarded but bags on plane did not match passengers and had to come off. This held us up about 25 minutes from making an on time departure. We arrived only 15 minutes late in Panama. We got our Tourist Visa $5 and waited in line for immigration and then picked up our bag to go thru Customs. Outside we got a taxi. Fare is fixed at $28 to and from airport. So with tips was about $33. This makes me think that renting a car may be cheaper than taking a taxi to pick up Sara tonight.

We were able to walk over to Mario's office and meet him as he returned from a late lunch. Very fortuitous. We talked about our agenda. The explanation for the delay in THE VIEW, he thought was the competing labor for similar work. I then listed several items to cover.
We agreed to meet at Milan at 0800 on Monday to go to Immigration for our Pensionado Visas.

From Move to Panama we then walked to Habitats Realty for a 5 PM meeting with Jackeline. We set up meeting at 8:45 AM on Tuesday morning to go to THE VIEW and look at the appliances for the apartment. We explained what we wanted to complete but will also have Sara discuss in Spanish these items.

We walked to HSBC to restore money and then on to Machu Picchu for dinner, but it did not open until after 6 PM. So went to Milan for an hour then returned for great seafood variety of appetizers and dessert. The appetizer plate of seafood was called Inti Rami and the middle of the plate featured an onion skin shell with a lit votive candle in the center. For dessert we shared a slice of key lime pie--we did not care for this variation. It was like a high souffle.

Back at Milan we crashed after almost 21 hours since leaving home.
End of 8 August items.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb