San Blas Islands


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Island living is the way to go!! Vanessa and i took a flight out to the San Blas islands at 7am and were off on an adventure. We landed on three different islands before we got to ours. Our tour guide was waiting for us when we got off and we had to jump into this motorized wooden canoe that took us to our island. The island we stayed on was half tourist half real life. We however were the only tourists on the whole islands and so we got to talk to the natives. There were about 15 little bamboo houses on the island and then about 6 huts for the tourists. It was like a little paradise! Our tour guide took us to other little islands that day and even took us on a personal snorkeling tour of his favorite places. We saw some amazing fish and poor Vanessa stepped on a sea urchin. 😞 but luckily after an hour her foot stopped burning! ahh... then we were off to eat some fresh fish for lunch. Amazing!! All the people go out on their canoes every morning to go fishing. They eat fish, chickens, and the fruit they grow. Its an interesting way of life. After visiting another island we came back for another fish filled meal and took naps on the hammocks for an hour. It was so nice to relax and get away from the crazy city. That night i was scared half to death as our hut was right next to the ocean. The tide rose and the waves were crazy wild! it also rained and i thought for sure we were going to die in a hurricane! hahaha.. but luckily I’m still alive to tell the story.. the next morning we had to go back and took a plane that stopped on another 4 island before taking us back. Just the plane ride over all the islands was worth the trip! Vanessa and I lived it up!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



21st July 2006

Sweet!
Hey Morgan! You look lik wyou are having a lot of fun! Keep up the blogs they are great to read! Love Ben and Heather
24th July 2006

ohhh yeahhh,..,!!! it´s nice..
wow.,., everything look great,.,.,.,.,. Im going there., right now.,!!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb