Hayden´s Guest Blog!


Advertisement
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hayden and I are writing posts for each other´s blog. His blog is really good and does a much better job than mine at describing day to day life as a volunteer in León. Check it out at: Hayden´s Blog

Hayden and I volunteered together at Las Tias. One quirky wonderful friend. And he was just accepted to grad school in Chicago!

·····················································································································································

By Hayden Kantor

Let me tell you a little something about my friend Janine. You may know the girl can dance. You may know the girl can rap. You may know you she likes to go out and have a crazy time.

But did you know she is a rescue-dancer? What´s rescue-dancing, you ask? Dancing that helps people, maybe even saves lives.

On Friday night we were out with a group of friends at a club called Don Señores. We were on the dance floor, but occasionally some of the Nica guys here have a habit of getting aggressive with unwilling girls. Janine doesn´t want anyone to be uncomfortable, doesn´t want anyone to be in distress.

So when one young such muchacho came up to a pair of French Canadian friends of ours, Janine took action. She immediately intervened, thrusting the poor fellow to the floor. She then proceeded to straddle him and dance all over him. The boy was cowed and the girls were spared his unwanted advances. It was hilarious to watch, best moment of my night. It may have also been the best moment of the guy´s life.

Advertisement



28th March 2007

how about a polka
I'll be joining Janine soon, and I hope her "dancing as rescue mission" days are over. I'm not sure I'm ready to see Janine in that kind of action quite yet.

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb