First full day!


Advertisement
Published: September 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So, got to stay in a Nicaragua hotel in Managua over the night after flying in. Writing it a day late but, this was a very busy day! We got all our luggage into taxis and were taken to the bus depot so we could head to Jinotega. We traveled there with a family that is just moving in. We saw donkeys, carrying around carts that carry people. We saw bike taxis where people bike people around town. We saw places that only sell blue barrels and bird cages. (at least we know where to go lol) It was about a 2-2 1/2 hour bus ride and it was VERY hot in Managua so, sweating the first part, but it got cooler as we went on. We got to see green coffee beans drying in the sun - that was neat. Had many firsts today! for example: had a dragon fruit, passion fruit, fresh coconut water, and things like these. Still much to learn and see being it is only the first day! We also, layed in hammocks for a little bit and that was relaxing. Then we went and walked around town and got some fresh fruit. Also getting to meet some of the brothers and sisters. It has been wonderful so far!! More to tell later...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb