Through the Capital


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Matt and I woke up to the church bell at 7am to get up and go, the others were going to sleep in and leave later in the day. Hopping into a cab, we drove to the bus terminal to get a bus to Granada. After waiting for an hour we piled into a van and squished right to the back. We both had our large packs on our laps with my smaller backback at my feet. The next two hours were spent breathing into our bags as we zoomed passing every other vehicle until we reached Managua, the capital of Nicaragua. It seemed very crowded but not as bad as the other capitals. We took a quick stop in the market district for food and a vehicle change then finished the last half hour of the trip, arriving in Granada around noon. The others arrived shortly after us so we wandered around town for a bit. We checked into the bearded monkey hostel and ate papusas (pastry with chicken and cheese) for dinner. It was nice at the central plaza with a local playing some pipes to the titanic theme song very well. Some friends from our earlier travels were at the same hostel so we decided to go out to the club. After some drinking games it was time to hit the club. There was a good mix of locals and traveler so we mingled and danced most of the night, butchering the salsa pretty good. This a a city where someone could get stuck for awhile. There is a pleasant atmosphere and different thing to do everywhere.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb