A little place called Kokomo


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Montego Bay
December 24th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

is now located on Sandals property of their Royal Caribean resort. As guests in the flagship property we had privledges to visit . Today we shuttled over to Sandals Royal Caribean to see Kokomo now called Sandals Cay. It sports a swim up bar, a jacuzzi and a parrot. It was quiet & serene so we took a walk , a dip , a drink and headed back to the mainland.



There we tried a different water bike but it was so windy instead of heading to Cuba we opted for the kayak instead. The water was shallow and we got stuck for a few seconds here and there.



At the resort we explored the property , watched the kayak race and had lunch and a game of checkers. An excursion in itself, it was still a peacful, relaxing day.


Back at our resort we saw the Jamacian cultural group. The sang, danced and treated us to the secret backyard dance. They said it was OK as long as the young ones were in bed. OH! moves were definitly risque and it was a good thing it was an adults only resort!



This group has performed , representing Jamaica all over the world and they certainly lived up to their reputation. They sang a Harry Belafonte song Theres a Hole in the Bucket , a call and response song listen to it here

I laughed my *** off😉 They use drums and other traditional instruments that looked like kitchen utensils , back in the day they had to make do!

Turns out Mo visited our friends and holed up in their room for the night. Guess he never made it to room 810.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb