Day 28: Leaving Roatan and Travelling to San Pedro Sula :(


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

P1020737P1020737P1020737

Our ferry leaving the island
We all woke up today really not wanting to leave our lil paradise island of Roatan! But unfortunately it was time. Ben woke up inspired to go for a run!! So on his running shoes went (he is determined to prove to me how much of a necessity it was for him to bring 4 pairs of shoes!) and off he went. He said the first half was lovely running across the beach but then it was all in a head wind comin back so he was completely knackered but felt great for doing it afterwards! Every who saw him out running was very impressed!

We had the morning to wander round so we got up and headed to Earth Mama's again for breakie this time. Again we found more people from our group there! We both had oatmeal. Mine was amazing! It was apple oatmeal with sultanas and fresh apple through it and cinammon! Yum yum! Bens was banana and nutmeg. He said his was good but not as good as mine! We ordered smoothies and I got one with a flu fighter in it cos have had a sore throat and blocked nose the last few days so am trying to kick it! They came out and they were mountains of smoothies!!! Ben got a large and it was gianormous! Both really yummy too! So we were well and truly full up and ready to start our travel day. We wandered around for an hour or so looking for a postcard and no one would take a $50 note surprise surprise and that wass all we had so went back to the hotel so I could pack everything up and Ben went back down and got a few postcards and some lunch for us to take away on the boat with us! It was super windy so we were all a lil worried that the boat was gonna be even rougher!

Ben ended up running back to the hotel to make meeting time at 12.30 as they took 25mins apparently to make our wrap! But he made it good on him! Second bout of exercise for the day! We sped wrote out a few postcards and the lady at reception said she would post them on Monday for us and she informed us that they would take about a month to arrive in NZ! Haha but they would make it sometime she assured us! 😊 So guys at home, dont hold your breath waiting for the next 2 installments of postcards! You may be holding for a while! We all sadly loaded our gear on the van and of we went to the ferry. We were all jammed into a very small van and our driver didntg slow down for speed bumps and drove like a freaken race car driver. We were at the back and got thrown in all directions! It was insane! We didnt have to wait long to get on the ferry and Jacob told us that it wasnt anywhere near as rough this way so we didnt need sea sickness tablets but most of us took them anyway. I did but ben decided he was tough enough without! It was surprisingly very calm and I think I would have actually been fine without them too but was glad I took one just incase. Unfortunately this time I did get really dopey with them and was like a walking zombie after the ferry. We got dropped to the bus station in taxis squeezed in with our packs tied into the boot cos the lids wouldnt shut all in a convoy to the station! Was pretty funny! We made it to the station and they had wifi which was a bonus so I actually managed to type up our dolphin blog and get us up to date which was cool and we were told we only had a 30 min wait till our public bus arrived! We waited close to 2 hours!! And it apparently had broken down. When it finally arrived and we got on it we understood what they meant! The gear box was totally screwed and he really struggled getting it into gear at all! IT was cringy listening to him try! We had 2 stops for toilets in 4.5 hours and the final stop was for dinner at about 9.30pm. They had a buffet which was shutting so had no food left and a lil snack shop. So we got an apple and a pot of noodles hoping they had hot water when we got to the hotel.

We finally arrived at the hotel about 10.30pm and had been warned that San Pedro Sula was a dangerous and horrible city so we werent to leave the hotel (not that any of us had the energy to) and we could heat up our noodles in the microwave and there was no hot water! So we had cold showers, ate some cup a noodles for dinner and climbed into bed at this stage by 11.30pm, setting out alarm for 3.20am!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb