Challenges in Haiti


Advertisement
Haiti's flag
Central America Caribbean » Haiti
September 17th 2013
Published: September 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

There are numerous amounts of causes of poverty in Haiti. With a medical center that is outdated and disgusting and cholera taking the lives of thousands, Haiti has continued to diminish overall. It was estimated that 400,000 Haitians will catch the disease(which is curable) and deal with an insufficient amount of treatment due to the lack of technology. Clearly the countries health and lack of technology is ignored. Also, the geography of Haiti had devastating results. Being close to the earthquake part of the world, Haiti experienced one and had lost 250,000 people and it left millions homeless. The government helped less than the support groups that were formed to revive the conflicts in society, they ignored their own people. There was also a large education gap and there were barely any jobs that were offered to the Haitians. All they had were thousands of sweatshops. With these characteristics and history of events, Haiti is seen as one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere trying to rebuild.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb