Belle Anse


Advertisement
Haiti's flag
Central America Caribbean » Haiti
October 31st 2008
Published: October 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi

Belle Anse is the main site of the medical trip and where we will be creating a clinic. All of the children in the slideshow are in the Sionfonds educational sponsorship program. The green building in the background is our office.

Sionfonds has been working in Belle Anse now for 4 years it has always been one of our goals, to bring medical teams to the village and create a clinic. It is so exciting to be taking the first step in fulfilling that goal, in just a few days.
The medical team will be staying in a school near our office, camping out on what we bring with us. We will bring in our own food and a cook for us. Belle Anse is very remote, no grocery stores, no electricity. Right now it is the end of the road, the last hurricane season washed out the road between Jacmeal and Belle Anse, leaving the long way around for us, and one way to get in and out. (It is a pity Jacmeal is beautiful, but I will get to see new territory, which I love).
We will be in Belle Anse from the 4th through 6th so we won't be posting on this blog at that time but will be able to when we get to our hotel the evening of the 6th.

If you haven't already please take a look at the Sionfonds website www.sionfonds.org to get more back ground information on our organization. And what we are about.
2 more days and off we go! So I won't have much time to write about our work in Haiti, but you can get a good idea of what we are about on the website.

I can't thank enough, everyone who has contributed to this trip. The support and trust that you all have shown Sionfonds and myself has made everything come together. Especially you brave souls taking the leap ( trip) with me.
This trip is going to be everything we can imagine and more.
We will be amazed and heartbroken, at all that we accomplish and all that we cannot.
This trip is as the beginning of great things to come, for Belle Anse and Sionfonds and all of our supporters. It is great change and the gift of hope, to the impoverished communities of Belle Anse and Cabret and the schools in Masson and Caviollon we serve. We will be taking in as much data as we can about the health and needs of the communities in order to plan future trips and help in ways most needed and relevant to the people we serve.

We will all do what we can and the world will be a little better for it.

annie









Advertisement



14th November 2008

slide show?
Maybe I"m just a computer dunce, but where is the slide show?
16th November 2008

No slide show
I think it is me that is the computer dunce :) I spent half a day trying to get it on the sight, but it never worked. And I don't have the time to figure it out. So I will stick with pictures. Sorry about that. annie

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb