Our First Port Labadee Haiti


Advertisement
Haiti's flag
Central America Caribbean » Haiti » Labadee
June 27th 2017
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today I was up early and so I went up on deck to take some photos of the ship without people in them. We were pulling up to Labadee for our first port.

After I was done I went back to the room and Nikki was up so we got dressed and went to breakfast.



Nikki and I are not huge lay on the beach people so we were not in a big rush to get off the ship. We had breakfast and took some time wandering around the ship before going down to the gangway.



After we got off the ship we walked to Adrenaline Beach and found some chairs that were in the shade. It was going to be a hot day and we wanted a place to go where we could cool relax out of the sun.

We spent some time in the water and then go out to lay on the chairs. After spending some time reading and playing games, we went to the market place area and did a little shopping before grabbing lunch. I mentioned to Nikki how lucky she was to have married me where I could take her to an outdoor buffet for our anniversary lunch.

After lunch we relaxed a little while longer before heading to Columbus Cove for some more ocean time. This side of Labadee is in a cove so the waves were non-existent compared to what we had at Adrenaline Beach.

The water temperature was perfect and we had a great time just hanging out in the water. It was close to get back on board time so we started the walk back to the ship.



Once onboard we relaxed for a while before getting ready to go to dinner.

We had dinner in Giovanni’s Table. It was a nice place to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We didn’t have to dress up and we love Italian food.



After dinner we took our walk around the ship before going to see the Healiner show Ronn Lucas. He is a ventriloquist and was good.

After the show it was time to turn in for the night.

Shared: Antipasto Meat and Cheese plate appetizer and Osso Buco
Nikki: Buffalo Mozzarella Salad and Bucatini Bolognese and Panna Cotta
Ric: Buffalo Mozzarella Salad and Tagliatelle Carbonara and Panna Cotta
(our server also brought us cannelloni and tiramisu)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb