Day 7


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday, March 23rd, 2012

Today was the end of a long tiring week, to say the least. After working countless hours in the blazing heat, we are looking forward to our short getaway to the popular Lake Atilan. However, before taking off we enjoyed a fun filled day at Project Somos with many children from Tecpan.

The day started off with our regular wake up of 6:30, getting to the worksite around 8:30. After 4 hours of tiring work in the Guatemalan sun, it was finally lunch. We enjoyed a healthy meal option of sandwiches and pita wraps. Lunch time is quite awkward with the Saint Georges boys, which most of them are quite new around girls, classic George, sick wheels Jin.

After lunch we kicked off the community Project Somos Day. We led the children of Tecpan through multiple activities such as soccer, three legged races, balloon pop, stepping stones, presenting two childrens plays, and of course the parachute game. Looking back on the event, the community day was very rewarding, filling the hearts of the children with joy, and delicious mangos.

Its hard to believe that a week has passed since we arrived in Guatemala, so many good memories have already been shared, and many more to come.

Nick Collett

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb