Stuck, but productive in San Pedro


Advertisement
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

San Pedro from on highSan Pedro from on highSan Pedro from on high

Great view cuz you canĀ“t see all the poser hippies
One of the places we heard most about during the first two months of our trip was this little lake town San Pedro. We heard it was full of drugs, travellers, and Spanish schools. All of this has turned out to be true and depending on what you are looking for in life a little trip down here wouldn{t be a bad idea. The scenery is incredible set on a high lake surrounded by 4 or 5 volcanoes. The lake is cold, if not as clean as you may want, I did swim into a piece of celery yesterday. Walk into any bar or restuarant in town. and there are many, and you will find friendly hippies, attractive girls from all corners of the globe, and some type of pan-asian cuisine on the menu. There is good life blues and rock almost everynite, beer, weed, and food are all super cheap. Our hotel room costs us 4 dollars a night, and thats with two beds. Lots of people seem to get lost town here. There is a whole scene of gringos who actaully work down here at bars and live here fulltime. crazy... There is a real side to the town, it is full of osme of the best, and most reasonably priced Spanish schools in all of central america. I took 16 hours last week and already feel liek I know at least two UCLA quarters worth of the language. We are both going to take two more days next week and then on wednesday we are off to the Bay Islands of Honduras for scuba diving with whale sharks...
Go bruins, go Sox, and to put an answer to the numerous questions involving Ryan Roycraft...
last we heard he had switched teams and was driving to El Salvador with two canadian dudes...
we wish him all the best but hope we don{t run into him any time soon... he kinda sucks when he isnt stoned all the time.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Barton and the VolcanoeBarton and the Volcanoe
Barton and the Volcanoe

Barton 1, Vulcan de Pachae 0
Voyuerism?Voyuerism?
Voyuerism?

hmmm... Barton watches you when you sleep
Backpacker BartonBackpacker Barton
Backpacker Barton

Shoutout to the QUetzall trekkers


Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb