Hippie Central of Central America


Advertisement
Published: December 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well...we arrived in San Pedro on the 26th November with the intention of staying for a couple of days and ended up staying for a week. Partly because yvonne had a sore back and partly because it was pretty cool there. We didn´t do a lot but it was nice to relax for a while. The climate was good, not too hot and certainly not too cold in the evening...great food...and everything's so cheap here! Our hotel (Nahual Maya) was Q100 a night, around 9 Euro, for a nice, clean double room with own bathroom. For an extra Q25 we could have had a TV but we decided against it. We've been watching way too much CSI the last 4 weeks, haha, and I'm sick of carrying my unread books around me. Additionally we hung out in places like the buddha bar watching movies, eating great food and drinking, ´por supuesto'. we hung out with liam (from alaska) and lara and alan (friends from xela) came down from xela for a couple of days. The other thing that happened in san pedro is that we seem to have picked up a penchant for fireworks! (when in rome...) anyhow that´s all for now folks!

PS: Ed spent way too much time in Buddha bar and forgot about the other nice places we went to. Zoola for a great Gringo breakfast and fantastic Hummus, yum!!! Actually, all their food is great and they have a huge cage with rabbits, guinea pigs and budgies!
And don't forget the big Sunday roast in the Alegre. Chicken or beef with mash, roasties, veggies, stuffing and even Yorkshire puddings!!
How come I always remeber all the restaurants and foods I had but can't remember names of other places...hum?


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb