Emerald Green and In Between


Advertisement
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

What can be said about Semuc Champey? Every traveler I have met has said that it is quite possibly the most beautiful site in all of Guatemala. After visiting the crystal waters I would have to agree. The falls and pools of water range from aqua marine to emerald green in color. The pools are an excellent temperature for swimming and the view from El Mirado is spectacular. Further upstream is the tunnel where the river rushes underground through, you guessed it, a tunnel. So how do you top off an amazing day of hiking and swimming in pristine waters? Bridge jumping, of course. At the entrance to the park is a bridge spanning the river some 40 feet from the waters surface. Not the largest leap, but definitely fun and it seems to entertain the locals.

El Retire is the place to stay in Lanquine. It is filled with cabanas, hammocks and is adjacent to the river where you can go tubing. Dinner in family style sit down, and the sunsets are amazing.

Tomorrow I look forward to another shuttle bus cramming game. (I hear the record is 29; and our driver is ever so determined to break it).



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Really? Really?
Really?

And to think I was gonna go for a swim
Five CountriesFive Countries
Five Countries

Paul, Sabrina, Lilush, Me, & Arnau


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb