Coban


Advertisement
Published: October 10th 2002
Edit Blog Post

Heading straight for Tikal in one trip seemed a little excessive. We took a bus trip to Coban, a town of some 40,000 people in the southern highlands. The area is reputed to have some of the best scenery in all of Guatemala. After 5hrs coach journey from Antigua I was tired and had a headache from drinking too little water during the day, the bus dropped us off at the bottom of a steep hill. At the top of the steep hill was where we needed to be. After struggling up the hilll in the dust and heat, I sat by the cathederal with the baggage whilst Sharon looked for a hotel. Sharon found Hotel La Paz, she choose it by ensuring that we wouldn't have to walk up or down any steep hills from our current position. The rooms were clean, tidy and the beds were the most comfortable I have experienced in Guatemala so far, all for 36Q (about £3).

After ice cream we went to a small church at the top of a hill, nice views overlooking the city. Didn't do much else in Coban, apart from searching for a way to get to Semuc Champey.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb