Flores guatemala :))


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello and Happy EARLY fourth of July! Which by the way we won't be celebrating here in GUA because we will be on a 6 hour drive starting tomorrow monring at 9 to Semuc Champey. There is like crystal clear water there and waterfalls...white water rafting(my weakness), tubing, and a tour we will be taking to a bat cave where millions of bats leave at dusk and you can stand in the cave as they all scatter around you (totally cool!!).

Today however we just were pretty lazy. We slept in until about 9 at this new Hotel here in Flores called something..something..isla hotel(i'm not good at names). We headed over to the internet cafe' and uploaded the pictures and 2 videos you see that are up now. Then we had lunch at this really nice place where this French girl who my uncle just adored was working because she was trying to save up money for her backpacking trip with her Boyfriend. It was pretty cool to talk to her about how she travels. Some Europeans take off a year or two to travel. She went to Canada and drove all around the country, went straight down to mexico and has since made her way to Guatemala where her and her bf are trying to sell their truck to get money to head home to France(I wish her luck with the selling!!) Anyways...we then headed down to the water by our hotel and caught a ride on this old wooden boat to go shopping and have lunch at Ramadi. Before arriving there, and as I was laying out at the front of the boat i hear "ERIKA!! ERIKA!! THERE'S A STORM!!!" I woke up and saw that little storm just a comin after the boat. Next thing I know it starts raining, the water was crashing in the boat, and me and Uncle P were making videos like we did that kind of stuff daily! hehe. The town was about a mile long(if that) and after a two hour ride we had little kids greet us with bookbags FILLED and i mean to the top of their little bags with wood carvings in which they are famous for in Ramadi. Uncle patrick of course hit it off with the kids mainly because he had all the money, but partly because he's just so good with everyone over here. He bargained, and bought many things for people back home. I bought a couple cool things for good prices at a little store in the town. This was the town that I mentioned in my last blog entry about the anorexic horses and dogs all over the roads.

After coming home, we just went for a swim and ordered dinner. Now we are hanging out in the room getting packed and all showered to head over to Semuc Champey tomorrow. So I will try and get on the blog tomorrow and let you guys know how the bat cave was 😊

Adios, much love, and everyone have a GREAT Fourth of July...shoot off a firework for me 😉

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb