Antigua, Rio Dulce, Flores


Advertisement
Published: January 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chichicastenango MarketChichicastenango MarketChichicastenango Market

Fabulous market, spent about a hundred dollars. Can´t actually pack our bags properly anymore, oh well.
Hello again! Ok, the exclamation mark is trying to be enthusiastic but I have a stupid head cold and I am very cranky this is REALLY going to be short!

Jan 10th 06
Antigua - really fun day. Explored the colonial buildings. Andrew and I got a deep pore cleansing facial which was really good although a bit painful when they did their tweezer work. No I didn´t bully Andrew at all for those of you who think he was coerced.

Afternoon - went on a coffee tour. Sounds boring but it was sooo good and interesting. Learnt how to taste coffee properly and how they make it and so on.

Jan 11th 06
Travel day from Antigua to Rio Dulce. Stayed at a place which is basically shacks above a swamp, and which was the first accommodation place we have been to which, in my opinion, was terrible.

We arrived after a long travel day and were told we had to pre-order dinner at 4pm for 7.30pm. Ok, maybe fair enough - we haven´t had to pre-order anywhere else here but OK. Then we get our ¨menu¨- there were four options, the four most expensive items on the menu which were more than what I would ordinarily pay in Australia. I looked around waiting for someone else to say something and realising that they were going to go along with it I decided to complain for the first time this trip. Anyway we ended up being able to order what we wanted from the menu and I have now earned the reputation of cracking it - but everyone was quite thankful afterwards that something was said.

Jan 12th 06
Awesome day boating up the Rio Dulce to Livingston. Was truly amazing and Andrew couldn´t stop talking about it.

Jan 13th 06
Short travel day from Rio Dulce to Flores. Going to Tikal ruins tomorrow. Not going with the group - we organised our own transport so we can be there at sunrise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Lago Atitlan, GuatemalaLago Atitlan, Guatemala
Lago Atitlan, Guatemala

Taken from Casa del Mundo. So beautiful and amazing, and I haven´t touched these photos at all!
Rio DulceRio Dulce
Rio Dulce

A photo which really doesn´t do it justice - the beautiful Rio Dulce and its untouched jungle.
Antigua, GuatemalaAntigua, Guatemala
Antigua, Guatemala

Exploring the beautiful colonial buildings of Antigua.


Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb