Guatemala


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So I don´t think that keeping up with this travelblog is going to be as easy as I thought. I haven´t been able to find the time to get on and write what we have been doing! So we flew into Guatemala City early morning on July 2nd after a day of traveling (horrible 10 hour layover at LAX), upon arriving we took a shuttle to Antigua, which is a (much safer and clean) town about an hour out of Guatemala City. We stayed at a hostel in Antigua for two nights and just explored the town which is nestled in between Volcanoes. After that we took another shuttle to Panajachel on Lake Atitlan. We took a boat across the lake to a small town called San Pedro la laguna. LOVED it! The town is right on the lake and our hostel had an AWESOME view. We were there on the 4th of July so we found an American BBQ and had BBQ'd chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, and beans. Yum! THe next day we took a boat back to Panajachel and stayed at a nice ¨hotel¨for two nights. It was owned by the nicest Japanese family. After a 12 hour shuttle/bus trip we are now at Rio Dulce on Lake Izobal. We got here last night and stayed in a bungalo on the lake in the jungle (the jungle goes straight to the lake) So we were basically in a swamp. It was not my idea of fun. No hot water. I have currently not showered for a couple days (gross). We are now in town and about to go try a different place to stay for tonight (still bungalos, but hopefully not in a swamp). Whenever I have more time I will post pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb