It Starts


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I wanted to let you know that I am safe and sound and wonderfulñ! Yesterday we just traveled on the bus most of the day to Rio Dulce (East Guatemala, on Lake Izabal). To get to any hotel we have to take a little 8 minute boat ride across the lake. The lace we are staying at is really cool! We are in Bungalows that have oen windows and are along a dock kind of set back from the lake in a swampy area. We have to climb up ladder-type stairs to get to our oroom, and our beds have mosquito nets over them.

Today we took the bus to a lace called Finca Paraiso. We walked a little ways to a place to swim with hot waterfalls! Its really warm here, so the thought of hot water didnt sound great..but the surrounding water was nice and cool. Afterwards we walked to the lake and went swimming of the dock We hung out with some Guate malan kids whowere fishing, then kept jumping in the water and wanting to take pictures with us. We caught a ride on a moto and pickup back...got some practice in for when Im with Habitat 😊 (It went slowly though...don´t worry mom and dad)
Pat and I have met a really cool girl from Malaysia (studies in London) who has been living in Guatemala since November or so. So we have been traveling with her, and tomorrow we are going to take a boat down the river to the town of Livingston. She has a friend from there who is Garifuna, so we will have someone to show us around. We will stay in Rio Dulce one more night, then Livingston tomorrow night, then head North for Tikal, but we plan to sto at this place called Finca Ixobel for a night along the way.

Ps sorry for the typos...the keyboard is a bit sticky.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb