flores to semuc champey to antigua


Advertisement
Published: November 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

where do i begin...
well the after i last posted in flores i got off the computer turned around and askd the lady at the reception desk if there was a bus that went to semuc champey where i heard there was the clearest waters to swim in. she said yes it was coming to the hotel in an hour for 150 quetzalez so i ran up woke mike up and told him so we packed in a rush went to look for a bite to eat found a bakery and waited for the bus. it finally came the quality was a little beter than a chicken bus but it wasnt totally full so that was good. turned out everyone was a smoker on the bus so i could att least smoke ciggs on the bus. so started a 7 hour trek thru some amazing scenery we went up and down and around all these mountains it was amazing. we finally got to coban for a quick bite to eat (mcdonalds if u can believe it) we pick up a couple from italy that didnt like smokers so everyone was pissed at them. it was another 2 hours till we got to lanquin and then we went to semuc champey the first place they showed us was pretty shitty and far from the river so we ended up at las marias. which was nice but only had electricity from 6pm top 930pm but we all ate and had a few beers and we got to know this family from holland that was living in guatemala city. we went to bed pretty early after checking if there were any tarantulas in the room. woke up around 7am to find 2 huge spiders but at least they werent tarantulas. we walked down to las posadas. unfortunantly i was in flip flops buig mistake. be we finally got there after a 15 min walk and it was beautiful. a raging river going underground and on the other side crystal clear ponds to swim in. afer that we had to pack up cause we decided to check out that day. the only way we could get to lanquinh was a pick up truck that loaded all of us in the back and headed up a steep dirt road. it was a lot of fun though but a little hair raising cause the roads are very narrow and there can be quite a drop down. after 45min we got to lanquin jumped on a packed chicken bus and headed to coban where we walked to the terminal and just made the bus to guatemala city. at least it was a proper greyhound type bus but the bathroom didnt work and u can see bullet holes in windows. after a long ride into guatemala city it dropped us off in zona 1 which is appearantly the most dangerous part of guatemala city, lucky us. and it was around 9pm. unfortunantly there were no more buses running to antigua at that time of night but luckily the people we got to know in semuc knew a cab driver for a relativly cheap fair. we waited for the driver for about 20 mins watching the military patrol the streets with machine guns. he came we jumped in the cab with fabian a german that was with us in semuc and we went to antigua. the cab driver was awsome and pretty much told me the history of guatemala on the ride to antigua. and we arrivered around 10pm found a place to stay dropped off our bags and went looking for a place to eat cause i was starving. ended up in mickie ds again. ate we met some americans from delaware and colorado that are here for a wedding they bought us some beers and told us we can crash the wedding if we wanted lol. well today we found a new place to stay the black cat hostel and it has free breakfast and internet so i am happy for the moment.
next... who the fuck knows

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb