Clarkes Court Bay


Advertisement
Published: September 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Clarkes Court Marina

It is in Prickley Bay

rumrumrum

rum distillery tour
0530 hours came awful early. Pete went forward pulling the anchor. Went around the South Point, this is where the medical college is located. As soon as we went around the point, the winds went to our nose gusting to 35 miles per hour and the further we went the higher the seas became. We think we started with 5 footers, but by the time we arrived at the turning point the seas were chopped and 9 to 10 footers. Even though is only about 7 miles, it took us forever since we could not get any speed up, and of course we were motoring, no sails. Sea Schell was behind us having same difficulty. We averaged 1.5 knots on this trip, taking so many hours of beating conditions. When we arrived at the turning point the seas were on our beam. At one given point we heeled over so far, the cushions, the cat and Maribel went into the cockpit floor. Pete made statement he didn't know what to do. He finally turned into the waves, and Maribel was able to get up. We then proceeded by looking at waves, turning into them, and then back to course, back and forth we went.
Finally arrived at Clarkes Court Bay Marina, owner Bob & Leslie LeBlanc
pointed us towards our slip. We were in the center dock. Chris and Barb from Moonsail, and Gary and Nichole from Chateau were there to help.
We had made it by noon!!! That was an awful trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb