New Zealand vs Sri Lanka


Advertisement
Grenada's flag
Central America Caribbean » Grenada » Grenada
April 12th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sri Lanka lose MalingaSri Lanka lose MalingaSri Lanka lose Malinga

Lasith Malinga, the first man in history to take 4 wickets in four balls did not play today due to an ankle injury.
Today was a top 3 clash between New Zealand and Sri Lanka. This was the first time NZ had really been tested and it showed they had a lot of work to do. After failing with the bat, NZ then fielded horribly and lost the game easily.

After talking to a local British bloke yesterday, we found out that the stadium was in fact built by the Chinese (not Taiwanese like in St Kitts). "You mean funded by the Chinese?" I asked. No, it was literally built by the Chinese. Apparently, the Chinese contractors hired local Grenadians to do the work and then quickyl fired them coz they were too slow! They then shipped in Chinese workers to finish the job.

Now, all you Chinese locals will appreciate the photos attached to this blog. I took them in just a few minutes in and around the ground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Not quite sold outNot quite sold out
Not quite sold out

Unlike the Windies game, there were plenty of seats left.
Styris makes a tonStyris makes a ton
Styris makes a ton

Failing with the bat, only Styris withstood the Sri Lankan bowling, making a hundred.
Local music fareLocal music fare
Local music fare

At the lunch break, local school kids show cased their musical talents.
Bummer!Bummer!
Bummer!

Dropping four catches in their defense of a small target, nothing much went NZs way.
Straight from Kitchen StStraight from Kitchen St
Straight from Kitchen St

The bins at the Grenada National Stadium. Look carefully at the label. Classic China.
Chinese Fire RegulationsChinese Fire Regulations
Chinese Fire Regulations

Persuant to Chinese Fire Code 1A: Fire Extinguisher do not need to mounted on the wall where people will have ready access to them.
Construction SignsConstruction Signs
Construction Signs

This is part of the old athletic stadium next to the cricket ground. The Chinese 'Safety' Signs are a classic construction site occurence in China.
Light switchesLight switches
Light switches

If you have ever been in a Chinese built building you will recognise these little beauties!!


14th April 2007

a touch of home
how nice of the chinese govt to make you 2 feel at home with all the little touches as seen by your pictures. it would have been a bit of a time warp eh? Had to stop and wonder where you were? We got a great laugh out of it!
5th May 2007

Wahhhhh
Waaaahhhhh. (Beno) Sucky NZ cricket team (not that I care) at least they are hot ( but i havent seen them so I will take your word for it) Your carlwana :-0

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb