Procession for Monsenor Romero


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

March 24th was the 30th anniversary of the assassination of Monsenor Romero, a martyr for the Salvadoran people. He is an INCREDIBLY powerful figure in the life of most Salvadorans. He is an incredibly inspiring person. If you don't know much about him, or liberation theology, you should look it up. read some of his sermons. they are powerful.

It was amazing to be in San Salvador for the anniversary of his assassination. there were events for weeks surrounding the actual day. Music, speakers, etc... On the actual day, there was a huge procession.... The walk lasted a couple hours, and was at sunset and into the night. It ended at the national Cathedral, where there was an enormous gathering of people, art installations, vendors, a service, music, etc, etc...

It was incredible to see people's demonstration of their reverence for Monsenor Romero, and really inspiring to see what a symbol of justice he is in this country.

again, i could write for pages. but i just wanna get this out there. and i want you to see some pictures...

so for now, here it is.


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb