Lago Coatepeque to Suchitoto.


Advertisement
El Salvador's flag
Central America Caribbean » El Salvador
December 10th 2006
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lago Coatepeque to Suchitoto.

Lago Coatepeque looked very similar to Lago Attilan in Guatemala, very picturesque and surrounded by dormant volcanoes. There is something about being next to a lake that always makes me feel very relaxed and peaceful, it has a very carming and magical ora that make it very difficult to leave. We explored the local attractions. The most beautiful being the Cerro Verde National Park. This was a huge place to walk around and was full of amazing views and we walked along a few of the treks and took a few more pictures of volcanoes just in case we didn’t have enough!

After the lake we headed to Suchitoto, a pretty Colonial town which was having a fiesta. For me it was the perfect day for a party, I got to watch the Utd vs. Benfica game so started drinking early and then we headed to the town square and found a nice café bar where we slowly but surely got drunk watching the local entertainment on the nearby stage. There was lots of dodgy singers and some sort of Miss Teen Suchitoto, all a good laugh and enjoyable. The best was yet to come, there were fireworks! I will try my best to describe the scene. There was a small cordoned of area about 10 m2 and in the middle of this these huge industrial sized fireworks. At home there would probably be a mile sq safety zone! When the fireworks went off there was a huge explosion which shit everyone up, loud screaming, baby’s crying and teenage boys and me in my pissed up state laughing as you do when your pissed with tears and no way of stopping it! Once they exploded in the air that is when the fun started as you had to be on lookout for falling debris still on fire raining back down directly on the crowd! An empty box about as big as a football fell about a meter away from me and Michelle's feet, very exciting! As all this was going on there was a crazed men dressed as bulls with fireworks strapped to there backs running through the crowd with fireworks firing from him in all directions. There was also fireworks, Catherine wheels and the like that have been tied to trees, some not very well! And these added to the missiles you had to watch out for. Try and imagine all of this happening at the same time, I am telling you, you had to have your wits about you. Michelle had the best idea by hiding behind me and using me as a shield, nice! Easily the best fireworks display I have ever been to and they should all be like that as it makes it very exciting and not the usual looking in the air going ohh, aaahh, that was a big one, wasn’t that pretty!! It was more like, shit it’s coming directly at me, run, duck and hide behind the baby’s pram!! I didn’t see anybody get hurt so the health and safety officer for the night must have been spot on with his calculations! There may off been a few babies with a few hearing problems and scared of fireworks for life though!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb