Syndicate Trail and Falls


Advertisement
Dominica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Dominica
February 8th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the way to the trail we met Ben (from Paris) on the road. He had taken the bus from Portsmouth and was walking the few miles up into the interior until the nice English folk picked him up. The trail was simple and prepared, all Jurassic trees and unreal root structures. We were supposed to be able to see parrots but it wasn’t until we returned to the car park that we heard then spotted some. This was Dominica’s national bird, the Sisserou or Imperial parrot. Fantastic.

We headed off with Ben to the falls and started our trek up river. The first river crossing Ben made look easy, I managed to get both feet wet and Kate took her boots of and waded through. The second crossing we all got our feet wet so it was soggy boots from then on. It made all the other crossings easier.

The falls are great but the pool is used as a water supply so a rather over-the-top fence topped with barbed wire kind of ruins the overall look of the place. You aren’t allowed to swim there either (or bathe, wash clothes, water or wash or animals, spit, urinate, defecate or throw waste according to the sign).



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb