Toucari - a busy couple of months


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Over the last 2 months we have celebrated both of our birthdays and our 20th wedding anniversary, we have completed 3 pretty big projects, been on a trip around the island and had guests to stay. Great times...



For our anniversary we travelled to the opposite corner of the island and stayed at Jungle Bay. A lovely experience and an opportunity to explore an area we haven't been to. Our hike to Sari Sari falls was a real hi-light and quite an adventure.

Between trips and other jobs we finally finished the kitchen with just one day to spare. We ripped out everything and built what we have wanted for the last 3 years. There are no fitted kitchens here, we designed and built it from timber, ply, tiles and paint.

When Sue and Patricia came to stay we put a hold on all projects and got out to have fun. Fabulous times as you can see from the pictures.

Our construction project, to build a new cottage overlooking the Caribbean sea, has had it’s ups and downs, but we are now just where we wanted to be. So we have the foundations complete and the floor slab cast, and next year we will build our little wooden cottage.

So that’s it until next year. We leave tomorrow for the delights of Blackpool and will hopefully return to Dominica in 2013. We are just lucky to spend so much time in one of the most beautiful corners of the globe…


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb