Time to go home


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
November 13th 2019
Published: May 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We awoke early and had the lovely breakfast again that our host made. We got ready to go and sat around until it was time to go to the airport. The host drove us to the airport and dropped us off. The check in and security were quick and easy. The Atlanta flight didn't look good for stand by, we decided to take the Miami flight. The 30 minute flight to Miami was on Delta 650, an A-320 aircraft. We cleared for first class and I had 3 or 4 gin and tonics. Once in Miami, our customs and immigration experience was slow. It always seems to be and I really dislike the airport for that reason.

Now we could have flown for free on Delta, Miami-Atlanta-Indianapolis. However it would have meant a long layover in Atlanta, and we would have got home after midnight. I decided that we would pay for the convenience of a direct on American Airlines. It was about $200 for both of us and had plenty of seats open. We cleared for their version of economy plus, but once on board the Lead Flight Attendant said we move move to the 2 open first class seats. Yes! We got to enjoy a nice meal and have some gin and tonics. I watched the film "Hotel Mumbai" which I thought was very good. The Miami to Indianapolis flight was American Airlines 1557, a 737-800 aircraft.

We got home just after dark, and saw snow on the ground. Yuck! Glad we were in the 90 degree warmth of Cuba and missed that!

I had thought after this trip that I could see myself visiting Havana several times a year. We know how that went though.

In December 2019, I did a work trip to Montreal. We planned to go to Europe in March 2020, but we know how that went.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb