A driving tour


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
November 12th 2019
Published: May 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Our host offered to give us a customized driving tour this day. It was going to be a hot one. He gave us suggestions and then we could add or subtract things. Once settled, we were on our way. He first drove us to the little town of Cojimar. This is where Hemingway got inspiration for "The Old Man and The Sea". I really liked what I was seeing here, and thought that on a return visit, maybe we'd stay here.

After walking around for an hour or so, he took us to the stadium that hosted the 1991 Pan American Games. We went inside to look around and there were some track teams practicing.

Next up was a visit to the Christ statue, where there were some great views of the city. After this he took us to the Castillo De Los Tres Reyes Del Morro. This place was a lot of fun to walk around, and it also had great views of the city.

Next, he drove us to Plaza de la Revolución. After that, we went to the Hotel Nacional de Cuba. It was very pretty inside, and the grounds were as well. We hung out here and cooled off with some drinks.

Finally, he drove us back to the Airbnb. We left there and went to get lunch at Sociedad Asturiana Castropol Restaurant. We did some more walking around old Havana until dinner time. For dinner, we went to.......you guessed it........Sociedad Asturiana Castropol Restaurant. Love that place! We saw the Spanish Royal Family several times throughout the day and night. They were visiting for the 500th anniversary of the city of Havana. My wife's heritage on her fathers side is Spanish, so she enjoyed seeing them.

At night, we hung out at the Airbnb and chatted with the hosts and other guests again. I don't watch much television, but they were really into "Stranger Things". I watched a few episodes with them and it looked pretty good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb