Muddy Shoes, Take 2


Advertisement
Published: February 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we are invited to join the CCS volunteers and visit some of the other placements in San Carlos.
We begin first at a boys only orphanage, 12-18 years. Once they found out Sandy and I were artists they ran to their rooms and got their collections of drawings and paintings. They huddled around and watched closely as we paged through colorful landscapes of volcanoes and palm trees and ocean sunsets, and ooodles of superhero cartoons that were meticulously drawn with care, the kind that all young teenage boys have in the back of their lined copybooks for school. I became so sad, these boys had never once taken an art class. These drawings were so beautiful, they had so much talent, who would ever know, and would THEY ever know?

Our next stop is to Bario de Meco, one of the poorest neighborhoods in the area where we invite the kids to play in a nearby soccer field.

Well I’d say I made it a good 2 minutes until I was christened in the nearest mud pond, and I’m not talking a splash. Yup, it was raining, it sure the hell was muddy, and it was a blast.
Sandy Saved Me!Sandy Saved Me!Sandy Saved Me!

Safe inside the van, drawing with the kids






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Muddy Shoes....Muddy Shoes....
Muddy Shoes....

CCS Volunteers
Tired?Tired?
Tired?

Nope, he´s faking


10th February 2006

HEY THERE!!!!
I've been reading your blog! Great stuff and soooo interesting. What trip of a lifetime! Just FLOW! miss you!

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb