Destination San Jose


Advertisement
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Although we would have loved to stay on longer at the lovely Laguna de Apoyo, we had to get back to San Jose for our flight on saturday. In retrospect, it would have been much better to have an open-jaw ticket, flying into San Jose and leaving from Managua or something like that.

We headed back to Granada, where we caught the Ticabus to San Jose. Ticabus is the top end of the buses in Central America - comfy seats, air-con, crappy Chuck Norris movies playing, etc. Since it was our last big bus ride we thought we would try travelling in style.

Depsite being the most comfortable way to travel, it was only $12.50 for the 9 hour trip. They even collect up the passports and take care of getting them stamped on the way out of Nicaragua. The downside to this is that you have to wait for everyone, whereas travelling independently you can get through a lot more quickly.

The trip through Nicaragua was quick and soon we were racing through Nicaragua - how could this trip possibly take 9 hours at the speed we were going? Soon enough we found out... at certain points in Costa Rica, the Pan-American highway becomes a parking lot. The bus crawled for hours and was extra slow going through San Jose. It was about 9pm when we got into town and we were more than a little exhausted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb