Costa Rica, White Water Rafting and Hot Springs


Advertisement
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are in Costa Rica or as the Americans like to say on our tour Coaster Rica!

There are 16 people on our tour including the tour leader. There is 1 Canadian, 4 English, 2 Australians and 9 Americans. The ages range from 13 to early 60s and everyone is really nice, it is realy interesting to tell each other our travelling stories as some people are so well travelled and been to some amazing places.

Costa Rica is surprisingly different to Guatamala, it is so clean, green, lush and beautiful. There are orchids and coconuts growing along the side of the road, here there are actually tarmaced roads! Even seen a wild monkey in the tree next to the road yesterday!

Costa Rica is quite used to tourists and it is good news that my very limited Spanish is acceptable here as the main source of income here is tourism so many speak very good english!

The local currency is Colones and there are 500 Colones to 1 USD so withdrawing 50,000 from the cashpoint seemed alot but just 100 USD!
It is much more expensive here then Guatamala, but the food is just amazing- well in comparison to Guatamala it is! The basis is still rice and beans, but this also includes vegetables rice and chicken. Even had delicious puddings last night!

We have been whitewater rafting - I may be an adrenaline junkie after this trip. In the evening the group went to the hot springs. Where there are various thermal pools with varying temperatures all outside, this was so lovely and relaxing, just lazying in the different pools, there were even swim up bars! Such a lovely way to end the day!

Having a shower this morning was interesting, there is just a shower curtain and I somehow have managed to flood our room and our neighbours rooms including a puddle out into the main hallway. I have no idea how I achieved this- oopps! Michele had a shower and managed to keep the water in the shower!

Tonight we are off to climb the base of the Volcano Arenal and then tomorrow another 7am start going to go to Monte Verde! You will be pleased to know that the temperature is in the 30s, hows the english winter going!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb