The car saga


Advertisement
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ole KiaThe ole KiaThe ole Kia

The car we are driving. I'm sure Kilon would rather be driving one of the defenders or FJ40s he has been admiring here. Admiring is not the right word....drooling is more appropriate.
Apparently our car hit a drunken bicyclist carrying meat in his pocket and some red sauce used to make mixed drinks. Luckily the car had not been delivered to us yet (Ha-ha-ha).

We rented a car from a local (tica) to try and save money (cheaper than Avis). Maribel (tica) arrived Saturday as promised (a bit late.... Costa Rican time), but she delivered the car as discussed. She requested Kilon fill out and sign the contract (which he did). Then she does not get a copy of the contract and we keep the original (go figure). The car turned out to be a POS and almost left us stranded on the side of a mountain. Kilon tried to be polite (by pulling off the side of the road for an oncoming car) and landed us in a slight ditch. The four wheel drive portion of the POS would not work. Luckily Kilon was able to get the car out of the ditch. Kilon informed Maribel the car was a POS. Maribel was to deliver a Montero sport to us yesterday, but apparently she hit a drunken bicyclist (the guy carrying the meat and red sauce in his pocket) on her way here. When Maribel saw the meat and red sauce she was sure his intestines were hanging out of his body. She gave us a stern warning to watch out for drunken walkers. The Montero now has a broken windshield, etc. She arrived today with a Tahoe. Kilon took it for a test drive and told her it was too big. We called Avis and will pick up a reliable car tomorrow!

The guard dog's name is Mac. Again, we were meandering down a walkway and out of nowhere he appears. This evening Mac decided to hover his front paws over the top of Grayson's head (very hard to describe, but very funny to watch).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb