ooohh baby baby its a WILD world!


Advertisement
Published: April 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

wholey smokes. what a 24 hours to document! (to understand this story you must know that we{re staying at a hostel in San Jose as a transition before we head to the beach)
it began at 2am yesterday morning (friday the 21st) when i was awoke at 2am to Shannon anxiously telling me she was rushing Lauren to the hospital (both group members that stayed at on to travel longer). (!! irony in this being SHANNON has been in and out of hospital lately because she has 4 kidney stones that may need operation!! ) lauren had been having stomach pains all day and was up for the last two hours vomitting. Rog and I got up to see them off and then of course couldnt fall asleep. its incredible how motherly you feel to eachother on trips like this where you dont acutally have a mother!! we checked our emails, tried to calm eachother down and then at about 4am got back to sleep (in the comfy hostel beds...ah such luxury right now!) 530 am they returned and had good yet bad news. she was prescribed shit loads of drugs, but they didnt think that was good enough, the docs wanted a second opinion done by the specialist. after a lot of hesitation we got lauren in hospital, me at her side and petrena by shannons side for her kidney apts. 8;30am until 7pm i wandered and praised the hospitals walls...they were so on top of everything yesterday, given its a private hospital and all, but certainly didnnnnttt seem developING world! I felt like lauren was in great hands, and petrena said shannon was really well taken care of too. So an Ultrasound and a couple specialists later Lauren was told she needed her appendix out. what a thing to happen .... IN CR_?! we all couldnt believe it. i had the scary and uncomfortable job of calling her mom...wow ive never wanted to cry so much. so so tough to be that far away and have NO clue whats going on with your daughter.
lauren was scared shitless yet really pulled through strong. us girls were as supportive as could be, and somehow through our two months of ups and downs developed the ability to joke about anything, so we actually took some hilarious pictures (biting her IV cord etc.)!
surgery went smoothly, thank god. when she came out she was pretty drugged though...and in a LOT of pain. we all made her a card, dubbed the madeline card!!
ayendri stayed the night with her and willl be staying in town with her till thursday when her flight leaves. since shannon MAY need surgery she cant come to the coast either, which means petrena is staying back with her. for some reason elli and karina and jason arent coming either, mix of money and jobs.... ahahhaha so you may ask WHO out of your group IS coming hil. adam, rog and myself. umm kind of nervous for the 3rd wheel,but adam is independant and pretty sure he{s stoked on meeting aussies and stuff, so im not too worried. it sucks the way it turned out, but im still stoked beyond belief.
ok gotta catch a cab to our bus to PUERTO VIEJO, CARRIBEAN COAST!!! yipppee..
know that my health is good and im still travelling with friends. ive got two male body guards really.
ALL MY LOVE
hils xooxoxox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb