The Priest, The Road, The Vultures and The Shithole


Advertisement
Published: October 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Travelling.

We left Utilla, Honduras heading towards San Jose, Costa Rica.
The journey would take us through San Pedro Sula whhere we had to sleep one night. We arrived early in the morning and were greeted by a hostel owner offering free transport to and from the bus terminal and rooms for 10 dollars, a good deal!
Because our group was pretty large it meant 2 trips in his minivan, so off went the first group, we were group number 2.
As soon as the minivan left the VULTURES descended (taxidrivers) "TAXI, TAXI TAXI!" after telling them about 100 times we already had a ride, listening to them offer us better deals (paying instead of travelling free) and them telling us the minivan would never come back and a taxi pulling up, opening the trunk and running towards us screaming VAMOS! (lets go!) we finally were picked up and spent a night at a lovely hostel before leaving early the next morning for San Jose.

Tegucigalpa

After a 6 hour drive towards San Jose we stopped in Tegucigalpa (The SHITHOLE), the capital of Honduras. This is when we got the bad news we were going to be stuck here for 2 days because THE ROAD to San Jose had collapsed because of extensive rainfall.
This bad news actually turned out to be a great deal of fun, with our new met friends: Tom, Michael, Lisa, Alicia we spent our nights drinking and cardgaming, discovered the city and a museum during the day and walked around with the amount of attention from people you would expect as a superstar (or the only foreigner in Tegucigalpa).

Managua

After leaving the shithole behind us we left for Managua (capital of Nicaragua). In the bus ichbinLisa met a nicaraguan christian PRIEST who invited us to his house. After Tom interviewed him and decided on him being a genuine nice guy we set off ( standing on the back of a open-top pickup truck) together with his lovely family. We arrived in his house/church and were served a lovely meal. Afterwards we took a few pictures with everyone, i was forced to take a whole photoshoot with one of the priest´s daughters who definately liked me.
I got my bed for the night and the guys got 2 portable dentist chairs, did i forget to mention? the priest is also a dentist.
And after a goodnight kiss from the adoring priest's daughter with fear of him seeing this act of sin :P we got some sleep.

Early next morning we set off to San Jose without any roads collapsing and arrived somewhere during the middle of the day with Tom, the girls headed to Granada, hopefully we will meet again in Panama where we are planning to take a boat to Columbia.

San Jose

So here we are, after heading to a part of town a taxi driver told us was filled with mafia and gangsters we spent the night at EBONY as the only tourists once more, but apart from the free beer and the insanely hot women the mood reminded us of a graveyard, the only people dancing were hidden behind tables along the sides of the dancefloors.
So tonight we hope for a better party in the clubstreet of San Jose, we will see.

Peace out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1147s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb