Made It To Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Costa Rica! Interesting flights and process getting here, but it all worked out! After we got through customs there was a lady standing there with my name on a board! We got our stuff and had a shuttle to take us to our hostel. We actually ended up going to a different hostel that the driver said was more age friendly and since it was the same network we didn't have to pay anything different. We got a room on the first floor with a big bed, a fan, and a bathroom. The hostel is pretty cool and the walls are all painted in murals. There is a really nice pool and a restaurant and bar upstairs and a few lounging areas.

After sitting for a little bit and changing our bus ticket we walked around San Jose for a little bit. We were definitely in a Barrio, but it was SO COLORFUL and pretty, just not what most people would consider pretty. We were so exhausted so we went back to the hostel and had dinner and went back to our room. We were researching things we wanted to do the next day, but we both ended up passing out at about 6:30pm. I woke up and 2am, was up until 4am, and then fell back asleep until 7am.

Today we did not really do much because we were both so tired and we decided that everything was too expensive and we wanted to save our money to do things in the city we were going to live in. I did get to Skype with Jenn, my mom, Christy, Drake and Olivia today which was a lot of fun! We were sitting upstairs in the lounge area (because our room didn’t have ANY outlets!) charging electronics and enjoying the fresh air! Tomorrow we are off to Manuel Antonio! I CAN’T WAIT!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb