Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: December 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday



We have now been in Costa Rica three weeks. Time has gone by quickly. This morning we had a monkey show from the top balcony. About five or six white-faced capuchins were playing in the trees, swinging from branch to branch, and sliding down long tree limbs. So fun to watch. They are much more playful than the howlers, who just seem to sit there and hang out.



This afternoon we took the short walk to the waterfalls just up the road from the hostel. Since it is on private property, there was a small entrance fee ($2 per person). There are actually three levels to the falls, the third level the most impressive. There were clean, refreshing pools of water for swimming at each level. Lots of rocks to climb over, and some tree roots to use as steps. Most of the trails had side rails. The third pool was the deepest. Several young men were jumping in from high trees, some from the side rock walls, and some were going headfirst down the waterfalls itself, over the rocks. Crazy!



We spent some time this afternoon researching if we need to pay a $29 tax per person to leave Costa Rica. The Internet is giving us some conflicting opinions. We sent an email to American Airlines to see if it was included in the ticket price.



Fixed our dinner in the kitchen again. We ate later than usual, so it was fairly crowded. But room for everyone. We had a few too many groceries, so we gave them to a German girl who was staying a few more days.



Sat on the balcony deck. So beautiful at night; heard frogs croaking, some birds singing, lightning bugs flying around. Tomorrow morning we are off to San Jose.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th December 2015
Going Down the Waterfall (not us!)

Exit fee
When we were in Costa Rica in '98 there definitely was an exit fee to be paid to leave the country. We didn't know about this before hand and luckily our party was able to scrape up enough to leave the country. We had to help out a young single American who had no money left. It seems like a crazy rule and no credit cards accepted. Make sure you check out the latest rulings.
13th December 2015
Going Down the Waterfall (not us!)

Exit Fee
We emailed American Airlines and they said it was included in the ticket. Some airlines do not include it, so it can be confusing.

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb