Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: December 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday



Took an early (6am) walk today through the big bamboo forest. It's up the road in the opposite direction from Uvita. Very bumpy, rocky roads, definitely four-wheel drive territory. A pedestrian bridge crossed a river just before the forest. Construction was ongoing on an replacement auto bridge. Now the four-wheel drives have to drive through the river. The forest was definitely awesome, especially in the early morning sun. It went on and on. Didn't realize that the bamboo sheds its outer bark. On the road back we noticed a pair of bright yellow birds up in a nest atop a utility pole. We were taking photos and they were definitely mad at us. Many cats and dogs in this area. The dogs are very territorial, barking fiercely at us but stopping at the edge of their yards. So no dog attacks.



Cascade Verde will be a difficult place to leave, implacably clean, very complete kitchen, even Tupperware for leftovers. The floors are cleaned many times a day. Guess they have trouble with ants here in the jungle if everything isn't kept spotless. Interesting that everything in our room is made from bamboo--all the furniture, mirror frame, lampshade, room divider, even the covering for the pipes below the sink.



Spent part of the morning on the lower deck. Yoga lesson was going on upstairs, although that might have been good for us. Bob was in a hammock (where else!?) and I was on monkey watch. I saw a couple of them near the hostel, but too much foliage in front to get a good shot. I am getting a stiff neck from looking up into the trees though. We spent a short time this afternoon on domestic duties, laundry! Easier to just do it here in a washtub and hang it on the lines than lug it to town and go get it. With this hot sun, it should dry very quickly.



Today was hot day. A delightful cool wind came by, but for only about five minutes.

Fixed our dinner again in the kitchen. Our jaws got a little workout from the beef! Tomorrow will probably be our waterfalls day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0941s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb