Monteverde Blows


Advertisement
Published: January 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Monteverde blows, and not because we didn't have fun, 'cause we did. It's that it quite literally blows - being from the Windy City we know a thing or two about that and this town is windy as a mofo.... so much so that the past few mornings we awoke expecting to find our little hotel room crash landed atop a wicked witch surrounded by rejoicing munchkins. But we not only stayed put but learned a few things.

1. Monteverde is Spanish for

Wake up your neighbors at the crack of dawn

, or at least that is what all of our neighbors thought.

2. Actually, Monteverde is spanish for

Buns of Steel.

Well, no not really but maybe it should be considering how hilly everything is, including the many hikes in the many forests.

3. Monteverde is Spanish for

Green Mountain.

That one I think is true, not only 'cause I speak some of the Spanish (to anyone who'll listen to me try), but because it has the greenest mountains I've ever seen.

4. To all women travelers, Elise advises you to cut your nails, pre-departure.

OK onto the adventures...

Monteverde-Sainta Elena


I'm rushed for time right now so must be brief (as hard as that is for me)....


This journal really only scratched the surface of this part of the trip, but we'll be happy to elucidate on it at another time. Essentially Monteverde is an amazing place that truly makes a very strong point of existing in the modern world while sustaining the environment.

Oh, and also, we have changed our plans about 8 times since we got here so our next destination will be on the sunny beaches of the Carribean Coast with our new friends Brian and Alyssa from Washington, DC. We have had a whirlwind romance with them only meeting days ago and already taking our first trip together. Who knows what the future will bring, but we don't wanna jinx it. Ok, I think they really like us! (giggle)

Email will be scarce the next few days so don't wait by the keyboard for the blog....

Finally, the Brown-o-Meter with a few days in the dewy environs of Monteverde we've still managed a few rays....

Elise has advanced to a solid 2.0
Gregg is now at a 3.75
But the beach awaits and the Brown-o-Meter is watching.

Also, we will give some insight to our eating and living choices at a later entry, or feel free to email with questions for you future Costa Rica Travelers.

adios,
G and E


Advertisement



26th January 2006

Jealous
Hey Guys, This all sounds so cool. It's making me remember my time there and loving the memories, even though you haven't been to Manuel Antonio yet. But some of the sights are the same. I enjoy your blog. Elise, I can't believe you didn't do the canopy tour. You'll get another chance so do it. You're not gonna die. By the way, we got Macy's!
26th January 2006

Harvey´s error
this is just to Clarif that Elise DID go on the canopy tour and did all of the zip lines (quite masterfully, i might add) she just skipped out on the tarzan bungee rope portion... thanks and keep on reading. the management
27th January 2006

Sounds like you're having a great time
The blog is fun to see where you are and what you are doing. Keep writing and enjoy.
27th January 2006

Brown-o-Meter
I expect Geraldo to attain at least a 6 on the Brown-o-Meter after the beach segment of the trip. That way, we won't be mistaken for Mexican brothers for awhile. Keep being safe and having fun. Marc Martinez
28th January 2006

The joy of your blog!!
I wait with barely concealed excitement to read your blog!!It sounds like your adventure is fabulous and we're so glad it's turning out that way. Mazel Tov on your recent romance with D.C. Keep on having an excellent adventure!We love you! xoxo

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb