The Costa Rican Adventure!


Advertisement
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, and welcome to our TravelBlog! We hope to keep this up to date as much as possible with stories, photos and maybe even a video clip or two as our trip progresses. Check back occassionally and send us some slackermail if we haven't posted anything in a while.

In the last couple weeks Nikki and I have had to answer some common questions many times, so here is a brief FAQ section:

Q1: So what are you guys doing down there? Some kind of mission trip?
A1: Not exactly. Here is the itinerary lowdown and some links to websites that we used to plan the trip.



Q2: Why?
A2: For those of you currently living in the Midwest check the temperature outside where you live. Then check the temperature of Costa Rica. That is one reason. On a more serious note though, the idea for the trip came from a desire to make a difference, experience another culture, learn another language, go on an adventure......and to trade the morning commute for a surf session. Somehow we managed to get it all packed into one intense trip. Neither of us really know what to expect, but that is part of the fun.

We should have occassional access to our Yahoo email addresses if you'd like to send us an email. And I think you can sign up for email updates to be notified when we post something to this blog. I promise to include more pictures next time. Post cards might take awhile, but if you send us your mailing address we'll do our best to send some snailmail your way.

Hasta luego,

Chris y Nikki



Advertisement



1st February 2007

hi
What a great opportunity! I look forward to hearing about your adventures!
1st February 2007

Good Luck
Just wanted to widh you guys a good luck and don;t forget to have alot of fun whilwyou are there. Most of us will still be slaving away back here when you get back, If indeed you decide to come back. Have a great time.
2nd February 2007

Damn!
That is awesome! Have fun. Try to send some warm weather up this way!
2nd February 2007

Girlfriend...
BTW - Neo is requesting that you bring him back a girlfriend. He said that she has to be curvacious and match his patches. :) Have a great time you two!
20th February 2007

Hey Guys!
Hey you two - hope all is going well and you are getting settled in down there...over there....around there....where ever the heal you are! I am trying to keep Sarah posted by copying and pasting all your posts to her - she doesnt have access to see the site - so I told her I would keep her as updated as I could. We miss ya around here! Take care and dont get swallowed by an anaconda!
26th February 2007

You guys look pretty miserable. :-)
It looks like you guys are having a real good time, enjoy it and keep us posted. You've taken some really good pitcures, keep those coming too. Heathers (my wifes) water broke Thursday the 15th @ 10:20pm and i got her to Overland Park Regional by 10:40pm (i was movin!). Brooklyn came on Saturday 2/17/07 @ 11:06am she weighed 4lbs 6oz and was 16 1/2" long (kinda short, but I'll let that slide). She was almost 7 weeks early so she has to stay in the hospital for a little while. Hopefully we'll get to bring her home this week. After droping to just 4lbs she is now 4lbs 8oz and is doing very well. You guys keep having fun and I want to here some spanish when you get back. :-)

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb