The Costa Rican Experience


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Once we made to San Jose we had the task of getting to Manuel Antonio. It took us forever to get out of customs and we had to catch a cab to the bus station. We met this nice man who took us there, we barely made it alive. The traffic was horrible (Rush Hour) and there were motorcycles that flew in between the cars. Over here a blinker means nothing, if you want to get over you have to make some moves. When we made it to the bus station we were a bit scared. The ticket office was closed and it was getting late. Luckily we met somebody that helped us out. His name was Hairul and he owned a bar in Quepos which is right next to Manuel Antonio. We caught the last bus there, and it was possibly the worst bus ride me and my sister have ever encountered. The roads are just big enough for both vehicles to fit on the road. The bridges only fit one vehicle so you have to wait your turn, and they arent the best built bridges either. After many hills and turns we finally made it into quepos. Luckily the bus drops you off at your hotel. After we checked in we went to check out our new friends bar, the repulic lounge. We ended up metting some nice yankees from Wisconsin. They had been in Costa Rica for awhile and gave us good advice of how to keep are selves safe and travel. They also informed us that the night before there was somebody that got shot in that bar, but it wasnt a tourist just a local. This nice local even bought all of us a round of Imperial, everybody that we met that was from Costa Rica were really nice and helpful. We ended up checking out a club down the street and getting some grilled pork chops, black beans, and rice outside the club. We were so wiped out at the point we went back to the hotel and crashed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb