COSTA RICA!!


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Puntarenas » Jaco
January 18th 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our first port of call was a sandwich shop where we embarked on the most difficult task since arriving in Latin America. Eat a 2 foot long sandwich full to the maximum with stake, cheese, a gallon of sauce, onions and a bucket load of jallapenos. The sandwich that could have doubled as a sleeping bag was too much for even the eating machine Panchenko and his side-kick Amar Amin.

Next stop, Jaco, an apparantly sleezy beach town, just what the Doctor ordered. It wasn´t sleezy at all, the down side was that we stayed in the Costa Rican equivalent of Guantamao Bay Detention Centre, with Air-con which wwas wwhat sold it too us. A stroll to Monkey beach was a disappointment as we only saw a crab and a dog. Our Australian friend however ordered the largest Pizza in all of mankind and we had to help him finish it.

Out next stop was Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park where wew saw more monkey´s and Sloaths on the beach than we did in the acual park. We carried along the coast to Dominical and stayed in a tent, which we never slept in because we stayed up all night drinking and singing with a lunatic of a Canadian Frenchman I have ever met who had the largest mouth in human history and possibly the worst singing voice as well.

Uvita was the next destination as we headed along the coast to Panama and we spend two nights in a hammock at a guest house. The beach was supposedly 500 metres away but we found out it was about 2 miles after an hour walk down a dusty road. A close encounter with an anaconda nearly gave me a heart attack. I was walking up a stream to find a water fall, after half an hour I decided to turn back, and I jumped down from a rock onto the ground and looked down to find an anaconda´s head 2 inches away from either foot, I lept up in the air and jumped up on a log to get away from it. It carried on sliding along as if nothing had happened, I on the other hand had come close to my first heart attack. It would have been an even funnier story if I had actually landed on the anaconda rather than beside it.

To Panama!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The anaconda in UvitaThe anaconda in Uvita
The anaconda in Uvita

The anaconda I nearly landed on is somewhere there but it is so well camoflaged that I can´t even spot it.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb