PANAMA and team reverse oreo!!!


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Chiriquí » Boquete
February 2nd 2009
Published: February 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

"Magnentron", the greatest word in human history. The English equivalent, "microwave". Team tango entered Panama and caught a bus to the highlands. We stumbled upon a vulnerable small Scandanavian looking boy by the name of Ard Jan Bos, aka "magnentron", he turned out to be a drunken Dutch woman abuser, only joking, he was just a little drunk and an occasional abuser of women, but we grew to love him like a bastard step-child. We infact created the greatest traveling team known to mankind, "Team Reverse Oreo". On our first mission through the hills of Boquete we stumbled upon a family of farmers including a 90 year old mumbling dribbling old man with at the height of fasion with his bright yellow Helly Hanson fleece jumper. A litre of rum, 39 oranges and 16 dribbles later we hitchhiked back down into town and made a meal that the Queen of England would be proud of. A bag full of vegtables of all the colours of the rainbow, a kilogram of rice and a bag of beans. It would have been better but we didn´t realise that the beans took 5 hours to cook after being soaked in water for 24 hours, but the half cooked beans still went down a treat with chili and BBQ sauce.

Our first meal was at a Italian restaruant which was suprisingly good, Amar literally fell into the restaraunt because he saw Spaghetti Bolognase listed on the wall and got so excited that he didn´t see the step in front of him.

We also teamed up with K-Banger, an Australian lady who had been stalking Magnentron for a week.

Bocos Del Torro was our next stop, an island on the caribbean side of Panama, recomended to us by Gandolf, a hairy Canadian with a huge Mexican hat who was first introduced to us when his shorts randomly fell off outside our door in the morning to reveal him stark butt naked, he acknowledged us, pulled his shorts up and carrried on as if it happens all the time. It was the most horrific site I have yet seen in Central America and still have nightmares about it to this day.

After a trek through the mud for half an hour on a near island because the boat could not go to the shore of a beach we wanted to visit, we arrived at our destination covered in mud. A attempted hand stand resulted in a painful back buster any WWE wrestler would be proud of. We thought we all had made it intact there and back after conquering the slippery mud for over an hour in total, but we were wrong, we made it to the concrete steps on the way down to the boat and our Argentinian friend slipped on a banana peel and fell over, I thought it only happened in cartoons, but apparently it is possible in real life too.

The rum was constant and so was the pancakes for breakfast in the morning, and after three days we left back into Costa Rica. Puerto Viejo was our next port of call 4 hours away in Costa Rica. We stayed at a guest house that had the best shower in human history, I turned it on and it was so powerful it nearly blow me across the room.

After a few more days we pumped it throught to Nicaragua after an attempt to buy a jeep fell through.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb