Tamarindo


Advertisement
Published: February 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrive in the much over talked Tamarindo, where we were expecting it to be LA. It was nice, pricier than everywhere else but we scored a good deal. As Ross and I went to check out a hostel, we sent Danny and Barbara to a hotel it recommended in our book (they don´t do hostels) and when we met back they had no rooms only apartments and she let them have the apartment for the price of a room. So while they have a two story flat of luxury with a full kitchen and living room, we stay the night in some dorm room hostel with 6 beds (thankfully no one else in them though). At about 3 am, the power went out and our fan shut off (NOT good) and we discovered there were NO screens on the windows and Ross on the top bunk was being eaten alive. He woke up with a welt on him the size of my finger so he doused himself in bug dope, wrapped his bed sheet around my lower bunk and hopped in with me, while the 2 of us tried not to suffocate in our sauna below and sleep until daylight. After that event, we promptly packed our bags and grabbed the only available room in the same hotel as Danny and Barbara´s apartment a few doors away and we took turns cooking huge, gorgeous meals and had all of our dinners on the veranda every night. After about 4 days of laying around the pool, watching TV in the apartment and cooking and much too much drinking, we thought we better prepare ourselves for the bus ride into Nicaragua. I don´t think there is anyway to prepare for what we got to endure to Nicaragua...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb