Is it Christmas????


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Guanacaste » Samara
December 24th 2008
Published: December 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The days seem a mystery and misty haze of possible dates, times, days, seasons - I guess this is a good indication that structure and diligent routine are a rather distant notion (easily forgotten!)...

Things are slow and the most exciting moments seem to be doing as little as possible!

Guess what? In the middle of Samara I have found somewhere to do yoga!!!! Karin does a mix of various forms every day with Sophie (a travelling French writer) and so I have jumped on board for a daily dose... It is such a great way to start the day, the area is open so you look out onto trees, birds, iguanas, squirrels and the heat and humidity add to the depth of the movements and breath.

So now that things have somewhat stood still for a bit I have come to a point of recognition that life is much of a muchness no matter where you are or who you´re with! This, for me, is a great realisation (I know some of us are slow...)! I have been desperate to run from South Africa and see the world and fill my life with as many experiences and
Sunset drinks at BaraccudaSunset drinks at BaraccudaSunset drinks at Baraccuda

Jonothan, me, Yves
people, yet I am realising more and more that the faster you run the less you feel and experience. It´s like looking through an album of magnificent places and beautiful people but never actually knowing the smells, sounds, struggles, laughter, sensations... To not actually be in a place and give it time to settle into your being, this is like a life filled with other people´s stories that you retell with a false sense of knowing. And to meet many people then swiftly move on before you get to see past the ´niceness mask´will give the gift of many fond memories but no truth as to who we really are.

Yes! The ever thinking philospophical Samantha lives on! Even on holiday in the middle of beautiful Samara... What can you do?! But please do not be deceived, by no means am I putting my travelling spirit in the closet... I maybe just have a slightly different version of the possibilities and inner hunger that rumbles constanly within me!

So, it is Christmas Eve! No fear - I have been adopted and will have friends to celebrate with tonight...

To everyone who finds some relevant reason to celebrate Christmas, hope it´s a super duper one, with lots of food, laughter and TONS OF PRESSIES!!!! For others who have no incling to celebrate have a great evening and bundles of fun because... well why not!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Swedish dudesSwedish dudes
Swedish dudes

Elvis (Torbjorn si his real name but Elvis is so much easier!) and Daniel
More crazies!More crazies!
More crazies!

Mark (from Scotland - and he really is crazy!), Torbjorn and Daniel eating ice cream postre
Baraccuda staff with their new shirtsBaraccuda staff with their new shirts
Baraccuda staff with their new shirts

This is the most amazing couple and they are great to put up with all of our rubbish!
Disgusting!Disgusting!
Disgusting!

Don´t ask!!!! One of those moments which can never be explained and that you never ever want to repeat!
Adopt a friendAdopt a friend
Adopt a friend

We were having dinner and adopted Gemma who is from Holland and is staying in Samara for a bit
Crazy chicasCrazy chicas
Crazy chicas

I promise - she really is loony! But like me in a nice way...
Anyone for a massage?Anyone for a massage?
Anyone for a massage?

Dodge moment! Not sure it was a good massage...


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb