A lazy day in Carrillo


Advertisement
Published: February 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We enjoyed a lazy day in Carrillo today:

Jeff, Shae and Nikki went for a short drive south and discovered a small secluded beach area with big, black rock and crashing Pacific waves. It's here where Shae and Nik collected a couple dozen seashells; each with a unique color, shape and size.

Dad spent a good portion of his day reading, while he did manage to venture off a time or two in hopes of finding the perfect subject to photograph. He was rather successful down at Playa (beach) and Puerto (port) Carrillo where he found a few native birds and some fishermen and their boats who were coming and going.

Mom enjoyed the sun, laying on a lounge chair with a large glass of ice water with fresh lime, played Nikki in several rounds of the card game War, and went for an afternoon stroll to a couple of local stores (what would a day be without some shopping, hehehehe).

We all jaunted down to Playa Carrillo at about 5:00pm to marvel at the sunset; it was another phenomenal one. While at the beach, Jeff and Nik jumped waves for about an hour or so for the second time in the day, as they were down a few hours earlier doing just the same. Like most kids, Nikki would spend every hour of her waking day jumping waves at the beach if she could : )

To end the evening, we managed to get back to the house for dinner, ice cream and the SURVIVOR premier; Heroes vs. Villains. We weren't disappointed by the antics of some of our favorite players. We are hopeful that next week's destination will provide us access by way of satellite to the 2nd (or kind of 3rd) episode!

Hasta la vista!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

La estacion de policia La estacion de policia
La estacion de policia

City of Carrillo police station


12th February 2010

what beautiful pictures! You are all amazing! Love you
12th February 2010

Looks like fun
The pictures have been great. A ZIP LINE - WOW = That must have been a trip of a lifetime. Not sure I have the guts to do that. Keep in touch.
13th February 2010

Jealous
You guys look like you are having the time of your lives. If you go again, can I come too?? I can't believe you said it is better than Hawaii. Of course, I haven't been there either, but I need a vacation somewhere. This 20 degree weather is getting old. Love to all - stay safe

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb