Check out this view of the Costa Rica Poás Volcano valley...


Advertisement
Published: October 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Poás Volcano (Volcán Poás) is located 71 kilometers or 44 miles Northeast of our house in Costa Rica.

The attached picture was taken Sunday (04-20-08) near the top of our ascent to the Poás Volcano (Volcán Poás) at about 8,500 feet in the middle of Costa Rica.

We have some more pictures posted online at http://BienvenidosCostaRica.dotPhoto.com, but unfortunately none of the pictures are of the Poás Volcano (pronounced: poe-oss) itself. During our entire visit the volcano crater was cloud covered. Kind of a bummer after an hour of driving straight-up in low gear on winding mountain roads! But we made the best of the situation and hiked the cloud covered trails for about an hour in addition to the great views during the trip up and back down.

The attached aerial view of the Poás Volcano on a less cloudy day is courtesy of the Smithsonian Institution's Global Volcanism Program.

Bill y Junior

P.S.: We found where they grow the good coffee … at about 6,500 feet in central Costa Rica, Central America ;o)

Check out the full blog at: http://www.CostaRicaBlogger.com




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb