Background: Costa Rica is a Central American success story: since the late 19th century, only two brief periods of violence have marred its democratic development. Although still a largely agricultural country, it has expanded its economy to include strong technology and tourism sectors. The standard of living is relatively high. Land ownership is widespread.
Photos from Alajuela
Blogs from Alajuela
Latest Blogs from Alajuela
- October 3rd 2013 Costa Rica - Hot Springs
by Words: 75 Photos: 0
- August 22nd 2013 La Fortuna, Costa Rica
by Words: 443 Photos: 17
- August 16th 2013 A New (well, not new) Car and Moving Along in Paradise
by Words: 896 Photos: 7
- August 4th 2013 My First Week in Costa Rica…again
by Words: 1321 Photos: 6
- July 28th 2013 Day One in San Ramon
by Words: 561 Photos: 6
- July 23rd 2013 Back to Costa Rica!
by Words: 427 Photos: 10
- July 9th 2013 Costa Rican beautiful nature
by Words: 98 Photos: 4
- June 22nd 2013 Diversity of fun in/on the water: white water rafting, a nature boat tour, and hot springs!
by Words: 752 Photos: 23
- June 9th 2013 It's only been three years since my last entry!
by Words: 159 Photos: 0
- June 2nd 2013 Weekend excursion to La Fortuna
by Words: 1176 Photos: 32
- May 31st 2013 Volcan Poas & Alajuela Day 2
by Words: 902 Photos: 12
- May 30th 2013 Return to Alajuela
by Words: 541 Photos: 3
- May 17th 2013 Costa Rica Begins
by Words: 1044 Photos: 15
- May 14th 2013 Day 38: Canyoneering in Costa Rica
by Words: 1413 Photos: 25
- May 13th 2013 Day 37: Arriving into La Fortuna & Hot Pools!
by Words: 881 Photos: 10
- April 23rd 2013 Plans vs Reality: An UPDATED Post on Planning a move out of the country
by Words: 1763 Photos: 0
- April 3rd 2013 Semana Santa ....
by Words: 970 Photos: 27
- March 22nd 2013 Volcano View
by Words: 216 Photos: 6
- February 28th 2013 Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica
by Words: 658 Photos: 25
- February 21st 2013 Tico Style Washer How - To
by Words: 119 Photos: 8