We´re here!


Advertisement
Published: March 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well the plane ride was pretty good except for the 4 hour layover in Phoenix. We arrived in San Jose at about 10:30 at night and lucked out and found a nice b&b ran by a german family. In the morning she pointed us in the right direction and we ended up at the coca-cola bus terminal in downtown San Jose. Let´s just say you watch your back while walking around there in the day time. Lucky for us we were about a foot taller than everyone and weren´t bothered. We jumped on the bus and headed to La Fortuna, a nice city of about 8000 people that is a tourist hotspot. There is an active volcano which we tried to see but the fog at the top was pretty thick and didn´t think the hike was worth it. Instead we swam near a nice water fall and came back to town to drink some beer which costs about a buck 😊. Tomorrow morning we´re taking a jeep-boat-jeep across laguna arenal to get to Monteverde. We hope the weather will be sunny and hot when we get there and we can do some surfing. So far after two days here we like it a lot. The people are great here and quite a few speak english so it´s pretty easy to get around. Until the next time we find a computer, the saskies are signing off!!

Advertisement



10th March 2006

You missed out
Man there is so much more to do in La Fortuna. You could hit the hot springs, the discoteque is off the hook on Friday and Saturday and there are some amazing caves around there that are incredible. You should try and get back sometime. Late.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb