Grand Cayman


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Grand Cayman has all the adventure you could ask for. You can visit hell, really you can. You can swim with stingrays that could eat small children, be stung by the deadly lion fish, and if you take a few swim strokes off shore you'll find yourself floating over 5,000 feet of water. Then there is the land, where you can get lost in the dense jungles with snakes, spiders and insects that fly away with unsuspecting tourists like yourself.

Well, that is all pretty fabricated lies about the island, but partially true. There is a city that is officially named "Hell" due to the unique rock formation that the lava has formed, definitely a good place to visit if you like different rock formations. The stingrays are big and you can hand feed them, but they wont eat small children, at least not that I've heard of. The lion fish have infested the waters and they are not a welcomed creature in Grand Cayman, but we did spot one despite the efforts to rid the shores of them. The 5,000 foot drop off is quite a site if you SCUBA dive, but it takes more than a few strokes to get out to the ledge, and it goes from about 60 feet to 5,000 feet at what appears to be a 90 degree angle ledge. Mastic trail is a popular trail through the islands interior and is what the island is like in its natural state. There are crabs, insects, snakes, and wild birds that populate this area. There is also a few blow holes along the islands south east shoreline.

The island has a little bit of adventure with Stingray City and Mastic trail, and it also has, like every where else, your luxurious resorts. The people are very nice and and welcoming to tourism. The capitol is George Town and that is where all the cruise ships port. George Town is a typical tourism town with shops all over containing t-shirts and little knick knacks you can buy for souvenirs. There is the famous "7 mile beach" that is really only about 6 miles. Its a beach, in my opinion thats all there is to say about it. If you want to lay out or splash around in the water this is the place for you.

If you are looking for a trip full of
Stingray CityStingray CityStingray City

Amy kissing the stingray
water this is the place to go. They have all the water sports, from wave runners to kayaks and of course endless skin diving off any beach you can find. So if you love the ocean and all there is to see in it The Grand Cayman is a good place for you.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



24th August 2009

stingray city
Hi, When is the best time to visit stingray city when it is least crowded? Cruise ships etc.
12th September 2009

I'm not really sure, it is usually pretty crowded no matter when u go, but there i splenty of space and stingrays to go around

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0982s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb